But, the game’s out there, and it’s play or get played. That simple.
– Omar Little, HBO’s The Wire
Whether you enroll in The Tycoon Playbook or not, here are the best insights and pieces of advice on life and business that I have come across.
Salty language warning if kids are in the room.
1. Life’s a layer cake. (Actually I prefer the pyramid metaphor because a pyramid has room for fewer and fewer people as you climb up it.)
2. Here’s another one from one of my favorite philosophers.
The meaning of life is to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer. – Arnold Schwarzenegger
3. Here’s another one of my favorite philosophers.
4. There’s no such thing as too far. You understand? You push everything as far as you can. You push and you push and you push until it starts pushing back. And then you push some goddamn more. – Al Pacino
5. Hell is watching an endless movie of how your life might have been if only you had taken the actions necessary to go for it! -anon
So ask yourself how you are holding yourself back?