Intuit’s 20 Trends That Will Shape the Next Decade Megatrend Report
This has some chilling predictions including that 40% of the American workforce will be freelance by just 2020. That’s just Expect a huge downward pressure on wages as a result.
OVER THE NEXT DECADE:
• The number of contingent employees will increase worldwide. In the U.S.
alone, contingent workers will exceed 40 percent of the workforce by 2020.
• Traditional full-time, full-benefit jobs will be harder to find.
• Small businesses will develop their own collaborative networks of contingent workers, minimizing fixed labor costs and expanding the available talent pool.
• Self-employment, personal and micro business numbers will increase.
• Government will misclassify workers, creating a major issue for companies of all sizes, especially in the first half of the decade. Work classification and work style will emerge as a target of intense political debate.
Here’s a link to the pdf.