Many fans are asking about how successful Marcus Lemonis’s growth strategy has been to date.
According to Marcus, his total investment to date since launching The Profit has been $31.5 million. He elaborated, “I know exactly what I’ve invested. I’ve invested just a little over $31.5 million as I sit here today, with another $4 to $5 million to go into the businesses that have been on the show for this particular season.”
The Success Philosophy of a Japanese Billionaire
Here’s a look by Bloomberg at an intriguing Japanese billionaire and Buddhist priest named Kazuo Inamori. He is an 83 year old tycoon who has been involved with growing several large corporations. What was the key to his success? Well it’s one I have espoused since the beginning my career.
Marcus’s Growth Strategy for Bentley’s Corner Barkery (not bakery)
This is one of the very best episodes to date.
Bentley’s is a small chain of natural pet food stores which finds that it is growing too quickly for its own good. The business was launched in 2008 by Lisa and Giovanni Senafe. The owners refer to it as “the Trader Joe’s for pets.” It has seven stores in the Chicagoland area. The Senafes own 70% with a silent investor holding the remaining 30% of the equity in exchange for $300k.
He’s back and this time it’s personal!
Marcus returns with the third season of The Profit on October 28th right after the GOP debate. After that the episodes will air on their regular day and time beginning TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 3 at 10PM ET/PT.
Showtime has released some more footage from its upcoming series Billions.
The new 12-episode series will star Damian Lewis, as hedge fund king Bobby “Axe” Axelrod, the CEO of AXE Capital, and Paul Giamatti, as US Attorney Chuck Rhoades.
“You will see your preconceptions constantly challenged—who’s good? who’s bad? And what people are prepared to do to get what they want,” Lewis said. (Sounds a bit like Homeland.)